Pasta is always there for you when you need a meal quickly. I like to have a few simple and flavorful pasta dishes up my sleeve, and Kale Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and White Beans is exactly one of those recipes.
Do you ever make clean-your-pantry or -refrigerator meals? Sometimes those are the ones that turn out the best. That is exactly the case with this recipe for Kale Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and White Beans.
You may have seen my recipe for Grilled Corn on the Cob with Kale Pesto recently. The recipe makes about a cup of kale pesto – more than you’ll need for the corn. I mentioned saving and using the pesto in another dish, and this is it!
The kale pesto came about because I didn’t have basil, but I did have leftover kale. It’s made the same way and has great flavor. So this dish really is a use-what-you’ve-got meal!
The leftover pesto kept calling my name, begging me to use it. I added some other simple and hearty ingredients to the pasta: white beans – always a staple in my house – were a good addition, and I had some cherry tomatoes that would add nice color to the dish, too. This is a great meal any night of the week, and especially on a Meatless Monday.
One of my favorite things about this dish is the garlic. I know – sounds weird. But I’m a garlic fanatic! When you roast the tomatoes, you can just toss a few garlic cloves (and a few more, in my case) in with them, skin on.
When you roast garlic it becomes milder and creamy. You can just pop it in your mouth and enjoy without too much worry of offending the person next to you.
Kale Pesto Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and White Beans is so easy to make! I hope you have what it takes on hand to make, and try it soon.
This makes a great Meatless Monday meal. It's quick to make and hearty, too. The flavors can't be beat!
- 8 ounces medium-sized pasta
- 3 tablespoons kale pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, skin on
- 14 ounces white Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed if canned
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus extra for the pasta water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Add the tomatoes and garlic to a baking pan, drizzle with the olive oil, and season with the salt and pepper.
- Bring salted water to boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions. As the pasta cooks, add the tomatoes and garlic to the oven.
- Cook the tomatoes and garlic until the tomatoes burst. Remove and set aside.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1/3 cup of the hot water.
- Add the pasta to a bowl with the kale pesto, the water, and the beans. Toss to combine.
- Peel the garlic and rough chop. Add the tomatoes and garlic to the top of the pasta.
- Garnish with the Parmesan, and serve warm.
This recipe uses leftover kale pesto. If you don't have any on hand, you can use any type of sauce for a great dish!