Quick! What’s for dinner? When you don’t have time to think about it, make Flatbread Pizza with Beet Hummus and Roasted Veggies. You’ll love the color, flavor, and how easy it is to get a great meal together.
If you don’t feel like ordering the same old pizza, this is the one for you! I have to admit, this recipe for Flatbread Pizza with Beet Hummus and Roasted Veggies isn’t a big, bold orchestration of cooking. It’s more like arranging several ingredients to make a meal. But who doesn’t need that once (or twice) in a while? If you’re like me, you welcome tasty, shortcut meal ideas into your world.
If you have extra time and feel like getting a little more hands on, make my Roasted Beet Hummus for the topping. It’s super easy to make, and sooo worth the slight mess you’ll likely make putting it together. However, if you had a crazy day like I did, pick up a container of beet hummus instead (I found mine at Trader Joe’s).
I roasted fennel, carrot ribbons, and garlic as the topping to these pizzas. Nice and simple, but lots of flavor. For the final touch, I crumbled goat cheese over the tops of the pizzas and garnished with pretty microgreens. It only takes about 15 minutes to roast the vegetables, so in a total of 20-30 minutes, you’ll have yourself a delicious, colorful, healthy meal.
It’s that simple. And delicious.
Recipe for Flatbread Pizza with Beet Hummus and Roasted Veggies
- 2 rounds prepackaged naan bread or flatbread
- 4 ounces beet hummus, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 garlic cloves, skin on
- 1 fennel bulb, bottom core and top removed, and cut into thin pieces
- 2 carrots, end removed and outer skin peeled, peeled into ribbons
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 2 ounces crumbled goat cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the naan or flatbreads to a baking pan. Divide the hummus and spread over the bread, just to the edges. Set aside.
- Add the garlic cloves and fennel pieces to a medium bowl. Add 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil, half the salt, and half the black pepper. Toss to combine and spread out over a baking pan.
- Add the carrot ribbons to a small bowl with the remaining olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Toss to combine and spread out over a separate baking pan.
- Add the vegetables to the oven. The carrots will roast quickly, so keep a close watch, toss once, and remove after about 5 minutes.
- Roast the fennel and garlic for about 15 minutes, tossing a few times.
- Remove from the oven. Carefully remove the papers from the garlic cloves. Evenly divide the vegetable mixture between the two flatbreads. Place in the oven for just a few minutes, to warm through.
- Remove from the oven and add the goat cheese to each.
- Top with microgreens as garnish. Slice and serve warm.