Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Ribbon Salad is a delightful salad that comes together in minutes. Serve this simple dish anytime.
I’ve had a few total recipe fails recently, which was my inspiration for sharing something that’s super simple to make. I think that once you taste this cucumber salad, you’ll swoon!
There’s nothing worse than spending several hours on a project (or two) only to have it turn out sub-SUB par. Translation: I could salvage a few bites from each of my recipe fails, but no way would I serve either. They weren’t even difficult recipes, which bummed me out even more.
No sweat. I’m staying cool as a cucumber, folks. Ha! I couldn’t resist. Who doesn’t love cucumbers? They have such a unique and refreshing flavor.
I love adding cucumbers to water and if you do, too, check out my Lemon, Cucumber & Cilantro Infused Water. Cucumbers pair well so many things: hummus, ranch dressing, salmon. I could go on, but let’s talk about this salad!
I used a great kitchen gadget to make Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Ribbon Salad. If you don’t have a special spiraling gadget, you could easily use a vegetable peeler to simply peel the cucumber into thin strips down the length of the cuke. Or, use a mandolin to slice them thin. You could also go old school and use a knife and your patience to slice thin rounds.
I also made Zucchini Pasta with Fava Beans and Harissa Sauce using my spiral gadget. It’s really a fun addition to the kitchen.
You only need a few ingredients for this delightful salad: cucumbers, some carrots and red onion, and a super-simple dressing that is sweet and tart. Toss it together and pop in the fridge for a bit. Pull it out and shake some red pepper flakes over the top along with some feta cheese, and BAM!
Sweet and Tangy Cucumber Ribbon Salad makes a great side dish for just about any meal. I hope you try it when you need something delicious and easy to make.
- 2 large cucumbers, washed spiraled into thin ribbons (if you don’t have a spiral tool, you can use a vegetable peeler to shave into thin strands, or slice into very thin rounds)
- 1/4 cup carrot, cut into thin strands
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese crumbles
- Red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar and sugar. Whisk until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cucumber, carrot, and red onion to a bowl. Pour the vinegar mixture over the vegetables and toss to coat. Chill in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Just before serving add the red pepper flakes and feta crumbles over the top.