Sheet pan spicy orange shrimp with vegetables hits the fabulous-meal marks: easy to make, big on flavor, healthy, and simple when it comes to clean up. Don’t just take my word for it or you’ll miss out on all the deliciousness!
How much I love sheet pan meals? As much as I love pizza? As much as I love meatballs? As much as I love chocolate? (Oh, come ON. I’m not crazy!) But I really do love them, and this recipe for sheet pan spicy orange shrimp with vegetables is making me *swoon*.
I made this particular recipe at lunchtime, between projects. When I wrapped up taking photos of this dish, I actually stopped to enjoy it for lunch!
As you can imagine, it can get a little crazy putting together these recipes and posts for this website: first there’s the prep work and cooking, followed by photography, clean up, photo editing, and writing (not always in that order, and thankfully my husband helps with clean up).
But I love every minute of it! Okay, ya got me: I don’t love the clean up. At all. Which, again, is another reason these meals are so amazing. It only takes a few swipes of a sponge with dish soap to clean up the baking sheets, a few bowls, and a knife needed to put it together.
The spicy orange sauce hits the spot and tastes amazing as a coating for the shrimp. The veggies get tossed with olive oil and a little salt and pepper, and you can easily sub your favorite veggies if you don’t like the asparagus or red peppers. I suggest using vegetables that only need a short amount of time to cook (think onion, broccoli, or green beans). There are so many options when it comes to dishes like this.
If you haven’t made my Oktoberfest sheet pan brats with roasted vegetables, pop over to check out the recipe. It was super popular with readers, and for good reason. Readers here also loved my sheet pan blueberry-balsamic glazed salmon recipe. So tasty and what pretty colors!
Sheet pan meals are fabulous when you’re looking for a flavorful meal that requires little effort, either before or after enjoying it. I hope you’ll love my recipe for sheet pan spicy orange shrimp with vegetables. Let me know if you do!
Colors and flavors galore! This is an easy dish to make and it's so delicious!
- 12 ounces large frozen shrimp, thawed and patted dry with paper towel
- 5 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoon chili garlic sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into rounds, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cooked rice to serve
- In a large bowl, combine 4 tablespoons of the orange juice, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the chili garlic sauce, and 1 tablespoon of the brown sugar.
- Whisk to combine, until the brown sugar dissolves. Add the shrimp to the bowl, and toss to coat with the mixture. Set aside.
- In another large bowl add the red pepper and asparagus. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the salt and black pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add the shrimp and the vegetables, divided, to 2 baking sheets, in a single layer.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven on broil for 4-5 minutes. Remove, and toss the vegetables and turn the shrimp.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of orange juice and the remaining brown sugar to a small bowl and mix to combine. Brush the mixture over the tops of the shrimp.
- Place under the broiler for another 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Mix the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce and the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of chili garlic sauce. Brush over the tops of the warm shrimp.
- Serve the shrimp and vegetables with your favorite cooked rice.