Rosemary Whipped Feta with Grilled Peaches and Honey is an ideal treat for any get together. After all, who doesn’t love a fabulous cheese spread? This isn’t your average spread, but it’s easy to make and it is a crowd pleaser!
What are you doing this looooong holiday weekend? I’m willing to bet a grill and a cheesy spread or two will be involved, whatever your plans.
I’m headed up north, both to beat the heat, and to check out Tonto Natural Bridge State Park for a little hiking. The park is home to Tonto Natural Bridge — said to be the world’s largest natural travertine bridge. I’ll be sure to share a photo in my next post.
Whether you’re heading to a friend’s place this weekend, packing up a picnic for a day out, or just chilling at home, you should try this feta spread. The grilled peaches (yum!), crusty bread (toasted or not), fresh rosemary, and touch of honey make this an extraordinary appetizer that can’t be beat.
Speaking of peaches and rosemary, my Peach-Rosemary Agua Fresca is super refreshing and perfect for the summer. If you’d like, add a touch of bourbon to yours.
If pie is more your thing, Fresh Peach Pie “Pop Tarts” should be on your menu. These hand-held treats are amazing, and fun to serve, too.
I’ve seen whipped feta popping up all over the place online, but I’ve never had it. I thought this weekend would be the perfect time to give it a try. Oh, man! I instantly fell in love.
I added fresh rosemary to my whipped feta, and I’m already thinking of all the different ways to change things up. So many options! I love, love, love grilled peaches, and they are perfect piled up on the bread over the feta. I bet fresh tomatoes with a drizzle of oil and balsamic vinegar would be amazing, too.
The next time you’re looking for a delightful appetizer, try Rosemary Whipped Feta with Grilled Peaches and Honey. It’s different from the other cheese spreads, and so delicious!
Serves About 1-1/2 cups
You'll love this appetizer for your next get together! This recipe can easily be doubled for a bigger crowd.
- 8 ounces feta cheese (block style, crumbled)
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped small
- Ground black pepper to season
- Italian-style bread, sliced
- 4-5 peaches, pitted and sliced
- Honey to drizzle
- Rosemary for garnish
- Combine the feta and Greek yogurt in a bowl and blend with a mixer (or use a food processor). A little at a time, add the olive oil and lemon juice and continue to blend.
- Blend for several minutes until smooth.
- Fold in the rosemary and black pepper and mix.
- Grill the peaches over medium-high heat until soft and grill marks appear.
- Spread the whipped feta over slices of bread, top with a few slices of the grilled peaches, drizzle with the honey, and garnish with a bit of black pepper and rosemary before serving.