This recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Orange Zest is a simple way to get a great vegetable side dish on the table. The orange zest gives it a fresh taste, perfect for a winter meal since it reminds you of the warm days ahead! I didn’t realize that cauliflower is a great source of vitamin C (another good thing for the winter season). One serving has 40 percent of your daily dose of vitamin C. Whether you use white cauliflower or you choose to use green, purple or orange, you’ve got a good thing with this veggie!
I made this side dish to serve with my recipe for Baked Halibut à la Wolfgang Puck, another easy dish to make. Combined, these two recipes give you a great meal in about 45 minutes. Who could ask for anything more?
Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Orange Zest
- 1 head cauliflower, cleaned and cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of one orange
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper and orange zest.
- Toss in the cauliflower florets and mix to coat all the pieces.
- Add the coated cauliflower to a baking sheet and bake for about 25 minutes. Stir the cauliflower a few times as it bakes, to help ensure it doesn't burn and that all sides are roasting.