Get your Greek on for game day! Nachos are always a hit at get togethers, and these Greek Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce are no exception. You’ll love this fresh-flavored twist on a favorite snack.
Will your team be in the game this weekend? Not mine, as usual. BUT I’ll definitely focus on the food that surrounds the game.
Whether you’re totally into the game or you’re simply looking forward to a relaxing Sunday, you gotta eat! I suggest making a batch of these Greek Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce to dig into.
These flavorful nachos are a little different from your garden-variety nachos. First, the chips are made using pita bread that you toast up in the oven. If you snack-as-you-prep like me, you might want to pick up a few extra pitas, because these crunchy, seasoned chips are so hard to resist straight from the oven!
When you’re interested in some serious crunch, these pita chips are a great snacking option on their own, too. You can season them with your favorite herbs or spices and use them to scoop up anything from hummus and salsa, or just eat them with cheese and olives on the side.
The toppings for these Greek Nachos are full of flavor that won’t let you down. From spicy peppers to cooling cucumbers to salty Feta cheese—and you won’t want to forget the fabulous Tzatziki Sauce to spread over the top—these nachos are totally addicting.
You can add cooked chicken to the mix to bring a bit more substance to your snack, too. These nachos are easy to customize (I think next time I’ll add chickpeas, too) to get all the flavors from them you love.
If you’re having friends over, grab-and-go snacks work wonders. Besides, who doesn’t love food that you can scoop up, pile on your plate, and take with you to your spot in the room?
Greek Nachos with Tzatziki Sauce make a flavorful snack to enjoy any night of the week, whether you’ve got football fever or not!
Hungry for more snack options? Try one of my other recipes, perfect for game day:
Pumpkin Butter-Sriracha Baked Chicken Wings
Roasted Eggplant Dip with Easy Garlic Pita Chips
Mozzarella-Stuffed Meatball Sliders
You'll love the flavors you'll find in these nachos! These are perfect for snacking!
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled and seeds removed, diced
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 pita bread rounds, split in half and cut into triangles
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, peeled, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds, then quartered
- 1/3 cup black Greek olives, halved
- 1/3 cup sliced Greek pepperoncini
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste, and adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Stir before serving.
- heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the cut pita bread triangles on two baking sheets in a single layer.
- Lightly spray the triangles with nonstick cooking spray. Season with the salt and ground black pepper.
- Bake the chips for 3-4 minutes or until they crisp up and turn lightly golden, and remove from the oven.
- Arrange the chips on a platter and begin to pile with the tomatoes, cucumber, olives, pepperoncini, red onion, and Feta.
- Drizzle the top with some of the tzatziki (keep some on the side as extra), sprinkle with more Feta, and garnish with parsley.
Customize these nachos with your favorite ingredients, more or less to suit your tastes!