Lighter and loaded with flavor
I feel like tuna salad is one of those things you either love, or you don’t eat. I’m a tuna salad lover! When the folks from Bumble Bee Foods contacted me to try a range of their products and develop a recipe, I was thrilled!
For the days you have time to spare, this recipe for Lighter Tuna Salad with Radishes and Dried Cherries makes a great meal. Whether you have a special day planned that includes putting together brunch (add the tuna salad to long endive spears or serve over salad greens), or you’re making sandwiches for a satisfying lunch, this recipe adds a few ingredients that will make it special any time. I’ve also lightened things up by replacing half the mayonnaise with Greek-style yogurt.
You might know Bumble Bee for its tuna (and it offers a wide variety of tuna), but it also has additional sea food products like salmon, shrimp, clams and more. New to me, Bumble Bee also has tuna that comes pre-seasoned — its Sensations line — perfect for days when you’re short on time. There is a Spicy Thai Chili option that includes roasted garlic, onion, paprika, and chili; Sundried Tomato & Basil; and also Lemon & Pepper. These are perfect to serve with salad greens, or over pasta or brown rice — just pop open the can and toss.
Healthy food choices don’t have to be difficult to come by, and Bumble Bee is helping to make things easier with its free e-book, BeeWell for Life® — A Living Guide. It’s full of fitness tips, healthy living articles, recipes and more.
If you’re a tuna salad lover, you’ll love this recipe for Lighter Tuna Salad with Radishes and Dried Cherries!
Disclosure: I was not compensated financially for writing this post, and the opinions are my own. I was provided with a variety of Bumble Bee product for my use.
Recipe for Lighter Tuna Salad with Radishes and Dried Cherries
- 2, 5-ounce cans Bumble Bee® Chunk White Albacore in Water
- 4 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Greek-style plain yogurt
- 4 radishes, diced
- 3 tablespoons diced white onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 3 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons dried cherries
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Drain the water from the cans, and add the tuna to a small bowl. Flake the tuna with a fork to reach your desired chunkiness.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the low-fat mayonnaise and the Greek-style yogurt.
- Add the dill, radishes and onion to the mayonnaise-yogurt mixture and mix together. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the tuna, and mix to coat it. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Fold in the sunflower seeds and dried cherries. Mix well to coat and evenly distribute all the ingredients.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.