- Grab A Plate - http://www.azgrabaplate.com -
Savory Waffles with Ham, Cheddar and Brussels Sprouts
From the blog: Grab A Plate | Written by: Patricia | December 12, 2012
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 ounces precooked ham, cut into slices or cut into small cubes
- 4 Brussels sprouts, cleaned, stems removed and cut into small slices
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Nonstick cooking spray for your waffle iron
- Spray your waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and turn it on to preheat it.
- Add the olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. When it’s hot, add the sliced Brussels sprouts and cook until they soften and begin to caramelize, just slightly (about 3-4 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, blend together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, and melted butter. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until incorporated. Add salt and pepper to season.
- Add the ham, cheese and Brussels sprouts to the batter, and gently mix together.
- When the waffle iron is hot, ladle the batter so it fills the wells in the iron, but make sure it doesn’t overflow. Cook until desired doneness and serve hot with maple syrup or honey mustard sauce.
Article printed from Grab A Plate: http://www.azgrabaplate.com
URL to article: http://www.azgrabaplate.com/2012/12/savory-waffles-with-ham-cheddar-and-brussels-sprouts.html