- Grab A Plate - http://www.azgrabaplate.com -
Roasted Beet Hummus
From the blog: Grab A Plate | Written by: Patricia | September 24, 2012
- 1, 15-ounce can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 small beets, roasted
- 1/4 cup tahini (if you don’t have tahini, mix 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds and 1 tablespoon olive oil and blend in a food processor)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To roast the beets, first preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Cut off the tops and bottoms and wash them.
- Place the beets on a sheet of aluminum foil and drizzle them with olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Fold the beets in the foil and seal the edges to make a packet. Place the packet in the oven for up to an hour, or until they’re tender when poked with a fork (check them after about 30 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool to the touch. Peel off the skin with a paring knife (the skin should come off very easily).
- Cut the beets in half and place them in a food processor with the other ingredients and blend.
- Stop during blending and use a rubber spatula to push down the ingredients toward the bottom of the processor. Continue until smooth and well mixed.
Yields 2 cups
Article printed from Grab A Plate: http://www.azgrabaplate.com
URL to article: http://www.azgrabaplate.com/2012/09/roasted-beet-hummus.html