- Grab A Plate - http://www.azgrabaplate.com -
S’mores-n-berry Bars: National S’mores Day is August 10
From the blog: Grab A Plate | Written by: Patricia | August 8, 2012
For the crust
For the brownie
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the topping
- 1 package prepared chocolate brownie mix
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil (based on package ingredients)
- 2 tablespoons water (based on package ingredients)
- 1 egg (based on package ingredients)
- 1 pint fresh raspberries, cleaned, dried and cut in half
- 1/2-2/3 cups of mini marshmallows
- 2 whole graham crackers
- 1/2-2/3 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil so that it hangs over the edges and spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Use a medium-sized bowl to mix together the melted butter, graham cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Press the crumb mixture evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- Bake until golden, or for about 20 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Raise the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, use a medium-sized bowl and mix the brownie mixture together, then gently fold in the raspberries.
- Pour the batter over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake the brownie mixture for about 25 minutes (based on your brownie mix), or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the brownie comes out clean.
- Remove the brownie and place the oven on broil.
- Meanwhile, break the two graham crackers into small pieces and arrange them in a single layer on top of the brownie.
- Next arrange the mini marshmallows evenly over the top of the graham crackers.
- Place the pan back in the oven, just for a few minutes, until the marshmallows begin to brown. Keep a close watch on them so they don’t burn under the broiler.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Remove from the pan using the overhanging foil and cut into bars to serve.
Article printed from Grab A Plate: http://www.azgrabaplate.com
URL to article: http://www.azgrabaplate.com/2012/08/smores-n-berry-bars-national-smores-day-is-august-10.html
URLs in this post:
 : http://allykayler.blogspot.ca/
 : http://www.yumgoggle.com/gallery/