- Grab A Plate - http://www.azgrabaplate.com -
Cold Sesame-peanut Noodle Salad
From the blog: Grab A Plate | Written by: Patricia | July 18, 2012
- 3/4 pound whole-wheat spaghetti or linguini
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed & cut in half
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (or 1 small pepper), cut thin, into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/3 cup roasted and salted peanuts, chopped, as garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking add the following to a large bowl: warm water, peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic and ginger. Whisk everything together until the mixture is very smooth.
- When the pasta is ready, add it to the dressing mixture along with the bell pepper and snap peas.
- Toss well to coat, then refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve in individual bowls, garnished with the chopped peanuts.
Article printed from Grab A Plate: http://www.azgrabaplate.com
URL to article: http://www.azgrabaplate.com/2012/07/cold-sesame-peanut-noodle-salad.html