- Grab A Plate - http://www.azgrabaplate.com -
Avocado Egg Salad
From the blog: Grab A Plate | Written by: Patricia | April 3, 2012
- 6 hard boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- 1-2 avocados cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 radishes, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
- Hard boil 6 eggs. Once cooled, peel them and separate the yolks from the whites. Dice the whites into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, avocado and non-fat mayonnaise. Note: If you use 2 avocados, I suggest using only 1 tablespoon of mayo, and if you use 1 avocado, go with 2 tablespoons of mayo) and mash everything together with a fork or potato masher until combined and smooth (I like to leave mine slightly chunky).
- Mix in the lemon juice, zest, parsley, radishes, green onion and salt and pepper to the mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Gently fold in the diced egg whites and combine.
- Chill until ready to use. Serve on sandwich bread or on lettuce leaves with your favorite veggies, if you’d like.
Article printed from Grab A Plate: http://www.azgrabaplate.com
URL to article: http://www.azgrabaplate.com/2012/04/avocado-egg-salad.html