- Grab A Plate - http://www.azgrabaplate.com -
Kale and White Bean Soup: Perfect for a Night In
From the blog: Grab A Plate | Written by: Patricia | December 12, 2011
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2, 14.5 ounce cans white beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 large handfuls of kale, ripped into small pieces, stems removed
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Parmesan cheese to grate on top
- Using a large pot over medium-high heat, add the olive oil. Once hot, add the onion and garlic and sauté until the onion is soft.
- Add the beans, kale, veggie stock and water along with the seasonings and bring to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer until the kale has softened.
- Serve in individual bowls and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Serve with crunchy bread.
Serves 4-6 people
Article printed from Grab A Plate: http://www.azgrabaplate.com
URL to article: http://www.azgrabaplate.com/2011/12/kale-and-white-bean-soup-perfect-for-a-night-in.html